All the Health and Fitness enthusiasts know how cumbersome it is to keep a track of all your daily activities and what habits are affecting your physical health in a good or bad way.
Fitness and Activity Trackers have come as a blessing not only because they come with a host of useful and interesting features, but also because they are so light, compact, and fit easily into everyday routine.
The Fitbit Charge 2 Wireless activity tracker and Sleep wristband as the name suggests, is the second model in the Fitbit Charge series of Activity Tracking. This device performs three functions namely, Activity Tracking, Heart Rate Monitoring, and Sleep Monitoring.
The brand-new Fitbit Charge 2 comes with all the reasons why every person who seeks an efficient Activity Tracking Wrist Band should buy it.
Apart from the very reasonable and affordable price tag, the Charge 2 has new features like VO2 Max, Guided Breathing and not to mention, the attractive physical design along with the option to customise the wrist band.
The most exciting new feature of the Charge 2 is the VO2 Max Approximation technology that shows you your Cardio Fitness Level.
Cardio Fitness Level is a measure of the amount of Oxygen that your body makes use of during an intense workout session. A greater measure is said to be indicative of the overall cardiovascular health of a person.
Activity Tracking in the Charge 2 is achieved through a SmartTrack technology. This technology is capable of recognising various physical activities such as Running, Cycling, etc., and the metrics associated with them.
It also performs Step Tracking by monitoring pressure changes through a Barometric Sensor.
The next unique feature of the Fitbit Charge 2 is called Guided Breathing. This is designed with a view to help monitor and alleviate stress that we all go through every day, whether knowingly or unknowingly, thanks to modern lifestyles.
The device enters a Breath Mode wherein you are guided to perform simple and soothing Breathing exercises to stop your body every time it is danger of entering a state of stress.
The final and most important feature is the PurePulse Heart Rate Monitor that evaluates your Continuous and Resting Heart Rate.
Fitbit Charge 2 Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband Review:
- The Battery Life of the Charge 2 is impressive. When all the notifications and Tracking are on, the battery lasts for 5 whole days. When most of them are turned off, you get a 6-day total of Battery Life. A complete charge takes anywhere around 20-30 minutes, which is astonishing for any device.
- Unlike the earlier versions, the Charge 2 allows for replacing the band and customising colour options.
- When the Battery is low, you will be notified both on the device as well as in your Email Inbox.
- Display sensitivity is very substandard. The screen does not light up when it should and it needs a few taps to register.
- Sleep Tracking is unable to differentiate between wakefulness and tossing around while asleep. The screen keeps lighting up which is annoying.
- The step-Tracker tends to over-estimate step count.
The best feature of the Fitbit Charge 2 is its ability to prompt you with a motivational message when you are idle for too long. The product falls short in expectation as it does not have an embedded GPS and it is not fully waterproof.
An Activity Tracker needs to be on your wrist always for accurate results. The fact that you should remove it when you take a shower or go for a swim disrupts its purpose.
The Guided Breathing feature is nothing special and feels like a Gimmick. Although you cannot rely on the Charge 2 for pin-point accuracy, this is a great Tracker for basic Health and Activity Monitoring.